- 250g (8oz) Scottish Quality Salmon, fillets, cooked
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 3 red chillies, chopped and de-seeded
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium piece of ginger, chopped or 1 tsp of ready prepared ginger (in a jar)
- 2 x 400g (16oz) tins of chickpeas, drained
- 1 bunch of coriander, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt and pepper to season
- Lime dressing: 3 limes 200g (8oz) mayonnaise, 1 small bunch flat leaf parsley - chopped, 2 cloves of garlic - chopped
- Heat a frying pan with olive oil and add the onion, chilli, garlic and ginger and cook until soft.
- Put the chickpeas into a blender, add the onion mix, coriander and cooked salmon. Blend together and add the egg. Leave to chill for 15 minutes. Check the seasoning.
- When cool shape into medium sized patties. Chill for 15 minutes (if time allows).
- Place the patties into a shallow frying pan with olive oil and fry until golden brown. Remove from the pan and sprinkle with seasoning. Leave to drain on kitchen paper.
- To make the lime dressing, blend all the ingredients together and chill for 10 minutes.
- To serve, place the patties on a bed of lettuce leaves.
- Spoon a small amount of lime dressing on top of the patties. Garnish with a few cherry tomatoes and sprigs of parsley.