- 700g (28oz) Scottish Quality Salmon fillets, cut into medium sized pieces (1"/3cm)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 piece of fresh lemon grass, finely chopped
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped and deseeded
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 1 litre (30floz) fish stock
- 200ml (6 floz) light soy sauce
- 100ml (4 floz) Thai fish sauce
- 25g (1oz) sugar
- 1kg (40oz) packet of Chinese rice noodles, fresh or alternatively plain noodles
- 1 x 400g (16oz) can of coconut milk
- One bunch of coriander, finely chopped
- Spring onions, finely chopped for garnishing
- Place the noodles into a large pan of boiling water. Leave to soak for 3 minutes, drain and leave on one side.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Fry the garlic, lemon grass, chillies and onion without colouring.
- Add the fish stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the soy sauce, Thai fish sauce, and sugar. Then add the salmon and poach until cooked.
- Add the noodles and coconut milk and simmer for two minutes.
- To finish, check the seasoning and add the chopped coriander and spring onion.
- To serve, divide the broth between four bowls and sprinkle with chopped coriander.
- Fat content: 39.7g
- Carbohydrate (energy): 45.5g
- Kilocalorie: 721 Omega-3 fatty acids: 3.4g