- Pre heat the oven 190C /375F / Gas Mark 5
- Line a shallow dish with buttered foil. Place the salmon portions, skin side down in the dish. Top with orange slices, wine, cloves, star anise, bay leaf and seasoning.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake for 20 minutes. The salmon is cooked when the flesh is opaque.
- While the salmon is cooking, place all the ingredients for the cranberry compote into a saucepan and cook gently for 10 minutes until the cranberries softened and burst to release their flavour.
- When the salmon portions are cooked brush with the orange zest and juice glaze.
- Serve the salmon, topped with the cranberry compote, alongside new potatoes and green vegetables.