|Serves/Quantity: 4 to 6
- 450g (1lb) skinless Tartan Quality Mark salmon fillet, cut into 2cm (1") cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 350g /12oz chicken cut into chunks
- 225g /8oz chorizo, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 225g (8oz) paella or risotto rice
- 560ml / 1 pint fish stock
- 1 pinch of saffron threads
- 50g (2oz) frozen broad beans
- 75g (3oz) frozen peas
- 16 uncooked prawns, shelled and heads removed
- 225g / 8oz live mussels, scrubbed
- generous handful of coriander
- 2 tbsp brandy or sherry
- 1 lemon or lime, cut into wedges
Cooks Tip: To prepare mussels, rinse in cold water & remove the "beard" (piece of fibre hanging from the shell) with a gentle pull. Discard any mussels that are already open unless they close when tapped gently on a firm surface.
- Heat the oil in a large or paella pan and cook the onion, garlic and chilli for 2 minutes until soft but not coloured.
- Stir in the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the chorizo, peppers and rice, stir well until coated all the ingredients, especially the rice, are all coated with the oil.
- Gradually add stock, a ladle full at a time. Stir, and cook until the stock is absorbed before adding more stock. Add saffron whilst rice is cooking.
- Stir in the broad beans and peas. Set the salmon pieces, prawns and mussels amongst the cooking rice. Cover to allow fish to steam for 5 7 minutes.
- The salmon is cooked when flesh is opaque. (Discard any mussels that remain closed or damaged after cooking)
- Stir in half the chopped coriander.
- Just before serving add the brandy or sherry and scatter with the lemon wedges and remaining coriander
- 675 kilocalories
- Carbohydrates : 34g
- Fat: 43g
- Omega 3: 2g