|Serves/Quantity: 4 to 6
- 250g / 9 oz smoked Tartan Quality Mark salmon slices
- 175g / 6 oz salted butter
- lemon juice, to taste
- 1 tbsp cognac or dry white vermouth
- a little ground black pepper
- 150ml / 1/4 pint double cream, whipped lightly
- Cut the salmon into small pieces. Heat the butter gently and remove immediately from the heat once it has melted.
- Pour it into a liquidiser or food processor, add the salmon and process until the mixture is very smooth.
- Add a little lemon juice, the cognac or dry white vermouth and mix through seasoning with a little black pepper. Scoop the mixture into a bowl and allow to cool to room temperature without beginning to set.
- Fold in the cream evenly and lightly. Scoop the pate either into individual ramekins or one larger bowl.
- Serve with melba toast and a wedge of lemon.
- 388 kilocalories
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fat: 37g
- Omega-3: 0.75g