|Serves/Quantity: Serves 4
- 4 x 170g (6oz) haddock fillets, fresh or defrosted
- oil for deep frying
- seasoned flour
- Beer Batter
- 115g (4oz) plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 x 15ml spoon (2 tablespoons) oil
- 150ml (5fl oz) light beer
- 1 large egg white
- Preheat the oil to 180 degrees C/350 degrees F
- Prepare batter: sieve flour and salt into a bowl, make a well in the centre, pour in oil and beer, and carefully mix into the flour.
- Whisk the egg white until stiff and fold into the batter.
- Coat the fish in seasoned flour and dip into the batter; drain and lower into the hot oil.
- Fry until the batter is crisp and golden.
- Remove from the oil and drain on absorbent paper.
- NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX)
- 337 Kilocalories
- 45g Protein
- 7g Fat
- 23g Carbohydrate
- 1g Fibre