- For the beetroot syrup - peel and cube the beetroot, add the sugar, vinegar and half cup of water. Cook gently until the beetroot is tender and liquid has turned to syrup, strain and reserve.
- For the garlic oil - in a small pan heat the olive oil, add garlic and cook until brown and soft, cool for 15 minutes. Using the hand blender combine the garlic oil and egg yolks and season to taste.
- MIx Rocket, Beansprouts, fresh Beetroot and Mango salad and prepare the plate.
- Lightly flour and season the skate wings, pan fry in the butter for 4 minutes on each side, squeeze with lemon juice and chopped parsley.
- Place on chopping board, tease the flesh away from the bone, loosely press into a mould, place on salad plate and drizzle over garlic oil and beetroot syrup.