|Serves/Quantity: 2-4 Main Course/6-8 as starter
- 300g (11oz) Salar Flaky Smoked Salmon
- 150g (5oz) potatoes, mashed with salt, pepper & butter
- juice half lemon
- 2 spring onions
- salt and pepper
- 2 eggs whisked
- 175g (6oz) breadcrumbs
- 6 small tomatoes
- 1 small red onion
- 1 long red chilli
- clove garlic cut into slivers
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- fresh coriander
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
Instructions FISH CAKES:
- Put the mashed potato into a mixing bowl and add the spring onions, Salar Flaky Smoked Salmon and lemon juice. Mix thoroughly and season to taste. Cut the mixture into 4 fish cakes of about 100g each using a scone cutter and place them on a lightly greased plate or tray. Cover with greaseproof paper and then cling film. Put into the freezer overnight.
- Next day prepare 3 large plates with flour on the first, whisked egg on the second, and breadcrumbs on the third. Cover each frozen fish cake with flour, egg and breadcrumbs in that order.
- Preheat the oven to 120 degrees C / 250 degrees F. Fill a small frying pan one third full with oil and heat. Fry the fish cakes for 3-4 minutes on each side until nice and golden brown. Place them on a baking tray which has been covered with 2 layers of kitchen roll and place tray in the oven for 45 minutes to complete the deforsting process.
- Cut the tomatoes into arc shapes, cut the onion lenghtways into thin slices and cut the chilli in thin slices, removing the seeds if you wish.
- Put all the ingredients into a bowl and stir together. Chill before serving withe the fish cakes. Delicious!
Additional Information Recipe by Nick Nairn