- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1.75pints vegetable stock
- 1.75pints dry white wine
- 3 avocados
- pinch sugar
- dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- virgin olive oil
- crusty white bread
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- half pint double cream or plain yoghurt
- Salar Flaky Smoked Salmon
- Fry the onions until soft and translucent, add the curry powder and cook, stirring constantly for 5 minutes then take the pan off the heat. Add the stock & wine, bring to the boil and simmer for 1 minute whilst stirring.
- Peel and chop the avocados and to liquid together with the salt, sugar, Tabasco sauce and lemon juice. Pour into a blender and whizz to a puree. Transfer to a large shallow bowl and chill for 1 hour.
- Cut 4-5 slices of crusty white bread into cubes. Heat 4 tablespoons of virgin olive oil in a deep heavy bottomed pan and when hot add 3 crushed garlic cloves and a pinch of salt. Fry the cubes, tossing them frequently in the pan until they are golden. Add the cream or yoghurt to the chilled soup.
- Serve in individual bowls. Scatter the croutons on the surface and top generously with flakes of Salar Flaky Smoked Salmon
- Terrific on a hot summer's day!
Additional Information Recipe by Patricia Daniels, Malaga, Spain