- Place the mussels and wine in a large pan, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes, until all the mussels are open
- Pour the mussels into a colander set over a bowl to catch the cooking liquor. Place the mussels in a serving dish and keep warm
- Soften the shallots and garlic in the butter, add the curry powder and flour and cook gently
- Add the Cognac and saffron liquor, beat in with a wooden spoon, gradually stir in the mussel cooking liquor, all except a couple of spoonfuls to avoid any grit.
- Boil the sauce then add the cream, reduce by half, check the seasoning, then add the parsley and spoon over the mussels and serve