|Serves/Quantity: Serves Two
- 1 medium Skate wing
- 3 good handfuls of herb salad (basil, parsely, rocket etc)
- 2 oz (56gm) baby capers
- 10 good black olives
- 6 cooked new potatoes
- 2 fl oz extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, segmented
- sea salt and pepper
- 2 pints court bouillon
- COURT BOUILLON :-
- 2 pints cold water
- 1 lemon sliced
- 10 whole black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 bunch parsley stalks
Instructions COURT BOUILLON :
- Place all the ingredients into s stainless steel pan, bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Pour through a sieve and return to pan
- Cut the skate wing into two, place into a simmering court bouillon.
- While the fish is cooking, mix all the other ingredients together except for a few capers that you will require for decoration.
- After approx 5-10 minutes the fish will be cooked, slice of the bones with a blunt knife and flake into the salad.
- Arrange in bowls and serve drizzled with a little thick balsamic vinegar.