|Serves/Quantity: Serves 4
- 900g (2lb) mussels, cleaned and debearded
- 115g (4 oz) crabmeat, fresh or defrosted
- 4 x 15ml spoon (4 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 aubergine, roughly sliced
- 2 courgettes, roughly sliced
- 1 red pepper, cored, deseeded and roughly sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 115g (4 oz) button mushrooms, halved
- 1 x 425g can chopped tomatoes
- 125ml (4 fl oz) red wine
- salt and black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, wine and seasoning. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the crabmeat, add the mussels and cook for 4-6 minutes until the mussels have opened (discard any mussels that remain closed once cooked).
- Serve immediately with sun-dried tomato bread.
- Per Portion (approx)
- 387 Kilocalories
- 37g Protein
- 17g Fat
- 17g Carbohydrate
- 4g Fibre
Additional Information Tip : Crab claws, langoustines or chunky white fish can be used with, or instead of, the suggested shellfish