Sunshine Herb Salmon Wrap
"As well as being a tasty source of vitamin D and B vitamins, Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, a type of fat that is good for our health. We all want to cook more oily fish, but often run out of ideas on how to cook it. This healthy salmon recipe is super quick and incredibly simple to make. The dill in the salsa verde inspired dressing partners the salmon beautifully, keep any leftover sauce to use with other oily fish such as mackerel, or serve alongside roast pork.
Serve as an easy supper after a long day at work, or impress a group of friends with an afternoon of laid back food and drink."
Claire Davies, The Greedy Wordsmith
- HERB SAUCE: A large bunch of parsley (55-60g) ,A small bunch of dill (around 30g), One red onion, roughly chopped, 4 tablespoons of lemon juice, 8 tablespoons of olive oil, 3 tablespoons of cold water, ½ teaspoon of English mustard, Salt and pepper to season
- One pack of Ramus Catch of the Day Salmon
- 2 wholemeal wraps
- Baby spinach
- Cucumber, cut into batons
Pop any leftover sauce in an air tight container and just cover the top with a little olive oil. This way it should keep for up to a week in the fridge.
- Lay a large square of baking parchment onto a microwave proof plate. Cut the thick stems from the herb bunches and sit them on the baking parchment. Take the two pieces of fresh salmon from the Ramus Seafoods Catch of the Day pack and lay them on top of the herbs and baking paper. Fold over the edges of the parchment to form a parcel. Secure with a couple of plastic clips (metal free) if needed. Set aside.
- To make the herb sauce, put the chopped onion, parsley and dill into a blender with the mustard, olive oil and lemon juice. Give it a good whizz until the ingredients form a thick sauce. Taste the sauce, and season with salt and pepper accordingly. If it is too thick, add the cold water and whizz again. This should loosen up the consistency of the sauce slightly. Set aside.
- Now it is time to cook the salmon. Don’t be tempted to overcook it. Place your parcel into the microwave and cook on high for no more than two minutes. Carefully open the parcel and check your fish. It should look moist, slightly flaky on the outside and a little pink in the middle.
- Now you are ready to serve. Take the salmon parcel and wholemeal wraps to the table along with the salad, herb sauce and whatever additional accompaniments you fancy. One salmon fillet nicely fills one wrap, and everyone can have fun with their own combination of ingredients.