Sunday Fishcake Breakfast
A delicious brunch recipe from www.fishisthedish.co.uk.
- FOR THE FISHCAKES: 250g cooked white fish fillet, eg cod, thinly chopped
- 80g cooked prawns
- 1tbsp baby capers, chopped
- 1tbsp chopped herbs of your choice eg (dill, parsley)
- Good pinch mustard powder
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Salt & pepper
- TO SERVE: 4 slices black pudding, 4 thick slices beef tomato, 4 eggs, fresh parsley to garnish
Try using haddock, pollack, coley or whiting instead of cod.
- Mix together all the fish cake ingredients, season with salt and black pepper and shape into 4 fish cakes. Transfer to a plate, cover and chill in the fridge to firm up
- Heat enough oil to just cover the base of a non-stick frying pan and fry the fish cakes on each side until cooked through and brown on the outside. Transfer onto a plate lined with kitchen paper and keep warm.
- In the same pan fry the black pudding until cooked through. Fry the tomato until lightly browned and fry the eggs according to how you like them.
- Place the tomato slices on 4 plates. Top each with the black pudding, then the fish cake and finish with the fried eggs. Serve garnished with parsley.