A delicious paella recipe from Steenbergs, the artisan spice experts, using a tasty combination of firm, white fish and a variety of shellfish. Add a little sunshine to your plate!
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 170g risotto rice
- 1 medium sized onion, finely sliced
- 85g chorizo, roughly chopped
- 1 - 2 pinches Steenbergs organic saffron, soaked in 250ml hot water for 5 minutes and strained
- 2 - 3 breast of organic chicken
- 300g prawns, mussels and baby octopus
- 110g firm white fish, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 fresh red peppers
- 1tsp Steenbergs organic paprika (or organic smoked paprika)
- 2tbsp cooked peas
- 500ml water or stock
- 1/2 lemon & freshly chopped parsley to serve
- salt to season
Vary the fish and shellfish combinations depending on taste and availability.
Try using Steenbergs Paella Spice Blend for added flavour instead of the paprika.
- In a deep, large frying pan, heat the oil until smoking. Add rice, onions and chorizo. Stir over a moderate heat until the rice turns white.
- Arrange the meat, fish, prawns, sliced peppers and peas on top.
- Add paprika or Steenbergs paella mixes, then pour over water/stock and saffron water. Cover the pan lightly with foil and cook in a moderate oven for 30 minutes until the rice is tender and the water/stock is absorbed.
- Season with salt, and squeeze the half lemon over the mixture. Decorate with chopped fresh parsley and serve from pan.