Steenbergs Mediterranean Haddock
A delicious pan-fried haddock with a tomato and paprika stew from artisan spice experts Steenbergs.
- 1 large haddock fillet (bones removed) 1 handful of frozen peas 6 large white potatoes 30g butter Salt and pepper Steenbergs Fleur de Sel 1 spring onion to garnish
- 1 red onion
- 1 white onion
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 1 orange pepper
- 1 tsp Steenbers chilli powder
- 1tsp Steenbergs garlic granules
- 1tsp Steenbergs smoked paprika
- 3 tsp Steenbergs Mediterranean rub
- 1 pinch of Steenbergs lemon sugar
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 handful of frozen peas
- 6 large white potatoes
- 30g butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1 spring onion to garnish
Add a little butter to the pan toward the end of the cooking time to get a lovely golden colour on the fish.
- FOR THE SAUCE: Dice the red onion, white onion, orange pepper and chilli. Sweat together in a hot pan for a few minutes. Add in all the Steenbergs Spices, herbs and flavoured sugar. Cook for 1 minute. Pour in the chopped tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Bring to the simmer and allow to reduce until rich and thickened. Stir in the frozen peas at the last minute just to warm through.
- FOR THE MASH: While the sauce is reducing, peel the potatoes, cut into quarters and bring to the boil in a pan of salted water. When cooked, drain and return to the dry pan, add salt, pepper and the butter and mash until smooth.
- FOR THE FISH: Place a frying pan on the heat. Cut the fish fillet into portions, oil lightly and season with salt and pepper. Fry the fish skin down for 2 minutes, turn and finish cooking for a further minute or so.
- Spoon out the sauce into a large bowl, place the mash in the middle of the bowl and sit the fish fillet on the mash. Garnish with a little chopped chilli, spring onion and a few flakes of sea salt.