Squid & Chorizo served with Lemon, Garlic & Olive Oil
A quick and easy recipe that makes a great starter or light lunch.
- 450g of small cleaned and prepared squid
- 200g of diced chorizo sausage
- Zest and juice of a large lemon
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 75 ml olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Salt and black pepper
- Wild rocket
- To prepare the squid remove the tentacles, then wash and dry them with kitchen towel. Cut the squid body into rings and wash them in cold running water, pat them dry and add them to the tentacles. Squeeze over the lemon juice and leave for 5 minutes after which drain off any excess liquid.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the garlic and lemon zest, cooking slowly as the pan comes up to the heat. When it is hot add the chorizo and fry for 2 minutes. Bring the heat back up and add the squid, frying for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve straight away from the pan onto a bed of wild rocket with lemon wedges to squeeze over.