Smoked Salmon Crostini with Creme Fraiche
These tasty canapés are also delicious on all types of crispy crackers.
Serves 12 as canapés
- 12 crostini (made by toasting or baking slices of baguette), or ready-made crackers (Peters Yard crackers work well)
- 2 heaped tbsp. crème fraiche
- 2 heaped tbsp. cream cheese
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 ½ tsp creamed horseradish (for a bit of a kick)
- Black pepper
- 50g Smoked Salmon
For a gluten free option, serve the cream & smoked salmon on rounds of cucumber.
- Mix together the crème fraiche, cream cheese, lemon juice and horseradish in a bowl.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Place a small teaspoonful of creamy mixture on each toast and top with a small piece of smoked salmon.
- Sprinkle with fresh dill and serve immediately.