Smoked Mackerel Pâté
A quick and easy pâté recipe using delicious smoked mackerel rich in Omega 3 fish oils.
Serves 4 as a starter
- 1 pair peppered smoked mackerel fillets
- 180g cream cheese
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
For a less peppery taste, use plain smoked mackerel.
- Remove skin and any large bones from the mackerel fillets .
- Break into large chunks and place in a food processor.
- Add all other ingredients and whizz briefly until fully combined.
- Serve with crispy sourdough toast and a squeeze of lemon.