Smoked Haddock & Leek Lasagne
An unctuous dish of smoked haddock, leeks and creamy cheese sauce, baked as a lasagne.
- 25g butter
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 4 leeks, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, leaves only
- 200-250g mozzarella
- 6-8 sheets lasagne
- 2 x 170g smoked haddock loins
- For the white sauce: 50g butter, 2 heaped tbls plain flour, 500ml milk, 1 handful of grated Parmesan cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Melt the butter and oil in a large pan, then gently sauté the garlic for a minute before adding the leeks and sautéing for 15 minutes until soft.
- Stir in the thyme and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile make the white sauce by melting the butter and stirring in the flour to form a roux.
- Gently add in the milk, stirring all the time and simmer gently for a few minutes until you have a thick smooth sauce. Add in a handful of Parmesan cheese and stir until melted.
- Layer up the lasagne starting with half of the leeks, pasta then white sauce, followed by a layer of smoked haddock, mozzarella and the rest of the leeks. Top with remaining lasagne sheets, white sauce to cover and then sprinkle with grated Parmesan.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 40-45 minutes until browned and bubbling.
- Serve with green salad and garlic bread.