Rainbow Trout with Lemony Caper Butter
Created by Freedom Foods, dedicated to high standards of animal welfare.
- 4 rainbow trout, filleted (8 fillets)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 125g unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp capers in brine, drained and washed
- zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Season the trout fillets with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat the oil and 25g butter in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- When the butter is foaming, add the trout fillets, skin-side down, hold them flat and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the skin is crisp and golden-brown and the flesh is almost cooked through.
- Very carefully turn the trout fillets over and cook for a further minute. Transfer the fish carefully onto heated plates.
- Add the remaining butter and the capers to the frying pan and cook until golden brown. Add the lemon zest and juice and parsley and season to taste.
- Spoon the butter over the trout and serve with a selection of vegetables.