An easy and delicious prawn cocktail to serve as a starter or light lunch.
- 100g peeled prawns
- 1 heaped tsp mayonnaise
- 1 heaped tsp tomato ketchup
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Sprinkling of paprika
- 1 Little Gem lettuce, sliced
- ¼ large cucumber, diced
- ½ Granny Smith apple, chopped (optional)
Adding a little green apple adds an extra tartness to the cocktail.
- Mix together mayonnaise and tomato ketchup to make Marie Rose sauce.
- Add lemon juice and prawns and stir to combine.
- Prepare lettuce, cucumber & apple and place in the bottom of 2 individual serving dishes.
- Arrange the prawns on top, sprinkle with paprika and serve with a wedge of lemon & whole prawn.