Potted Shrimp Risotto
A delicious savoury risotto flavoured with the butter and shrimps from a carton of Baxter's Potted Shrimps.
Serves 4 as a starter
- 2 50g pots of Baxter’s Potted Shrimps
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small glass dry white wine
- 200g Arborio rice
- 600ml vegetable stock
- Small handful fresh parsley
- Knob of butter
- Black pepper
- Remove the butter from the top of the potted shrimp and melt in a heavy bottomed pan along with the olive oil for a couple of minutes.
- Add the garlic, followed after a minute by the onion and celery and sauté until soft but not brown.
- Add the Arborio rice and stir to coat in the oil before adding the wine.
- Simmer until fully absorbed and then add in the vegetable stock gradually until the rice is al dente. This will probably take 20-30 minutes.
- Stir in the shrimps and parsley and season with black pepper.
- Take off the heat, add the knob of butter and leave with a lid on for a few minutes to let the butter melt. Stir into the risotto and serve with extra parsley on top.