Pink Prawn Cocktail
A delicious twist on the classic prawn cocktail from our Ilkley store manager Adam.
- 1 Head Little Gem Lettuce
- 1 Pink Grapefruit
- 300g cooked and peeled prawns
- 4tbls Cocktail Sauce (see top tip)
- 1/2 Cucumber
- Optional garnishes: Chives, Shell on Prawns, Paprika, Salmon Caviar
To serve why not keep a couple of the lettuce leaves to present the prawn cocktail in?
To make your own cocktail sauce, take 2 tbls mayonnaise, mix with 2 tbls tomato ketchup, add a dash of Worcestershire Sauce and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Top and tail the grapefruit. Cut off skin and lithe. Reserve skins. Segment the grapefruit.
- Take half the segments and cut into small pieces. Keep the other half for garnish.
- Wash lettuce. Cut eight thin slices from the cucumber and chop into small pieces.
- Shred the lettuce and add the cucumber and grapefruit. Mix.
- Pile into the leaves and divide the prawns into two 150g portions and add to the lettuce mixture.
- Squeeze the juice from the skins into a small bowl and add the cocktail sauce, mixing well so there are no lumps and it resembles thick cream.
- Spoon over the prawns and plate up. Garnish with grapefruit segments, chives, cucumber slices, paprika and the salmon caviar (if using).