Pan Fried Sea Trout With Pancetta
Make the most of this season’s sea trout with a tasty and easy to prepare supper dish. Teamed with crisp, salty pancetta and spring onions, the sea trout is deliciously nutritious for a family supper and eye-catching enough for a special occasion. We’d be delighted to fillet and pin bone the sea trout for you so you have the perfect size portions. Try serving this with a lovely Sauvignon Blanc and sit back and enjoy the summer!
- 4 x 170gm fillets of Sea Trout or
- large Rainbow Trout
- Chopped spring onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 30gm butter
- Salt and pepper
- 300ml dry white wine
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 50gm of pancetta cubed
- Chopped parsley for garnish
Don’t be tempted to overcook the fish.
Remember it continues to cook for a couple of minutes after leaving pan.
Save This RecipeDownload Recipe Card
- Season the Sea Trout with salt, black pepper and lemon juice. Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan and add the pancetta, fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Lower to medium heat and add the fish fillets and fry for 1 to 3 minutes per side.
- Add the spring onions and the wine and bring to the boil and cook for 1 minute.
- Serve the fish with new season potatoes. Add a handful of samphire or fresh asparagus for a perfect summer dish.