Pan-fried Plaice with Tomatoes & Capers
Delicious, quick dish of pan-fried plaice with tangy capers, created specially for Seafood Week 2016 by Fish is the Dish.
- 2 Plaice fillets
- 2 medium sized plum tomatoes
- 1 tsp small capers, rinsed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- juice and zest of a lemon
- 25g butter
- small handful fresh basil leaves
- Cover the tomatoes in boiling water for one minute, then slip out of their skins. Quarter, discard the skins and chop the flesh.
- Combine in a bowl with the capers, extra virgin olive oil, black pepper and salt, half the lemon juice and the lemon zest.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan. Fry the plaice for a couple of minutes on each side on a medium heat.
- Squeeze over the remaining lemon juice and season. Remove from the heat.
- Tear the basil and add to the tomatoes.
- Serve the plaice with the cooking juices poured over the top, alongside the tomato mixture and new potatoes.