Pan Fried Loin of Cod with Minted Pea Purée
A delicious, vibrant dish of pan fried loin of cod with minted pea puree, packed full of flavour. Ramus' answer to traditional fish, chips & mushy peas!
- 2 x 200g loins of cod
- 200g frozen garden peas
- 2 sprigs of fresh mint, leaves chopped
- 1 tsp mint sauce
- 200ml fish or vegetable stock
- Knob of butter
- Olive oil
- Salt, pepper & a little plain flour
For an extra creamy pea purée, blend in 1 tbsp of crème fraîche.
Save This RecipeDownload Recipe Card
- To make the pea purée, cook the garden peas in the stock then either crush or preferably purée them in a food blender.
- Add a glug of olive oil, a spoonful of mint sauce and then some chopped fresh mint. Season to taste.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Season the flour with salt & pepper and roll the cod in the seasoned flour.
- Add a glug of oil and a knob of butter to a hot pan, then add the cod, skin side down, pan frying for 2-3 minutes until the skin is crisp.
- Transfer to a hot oven for 8-10 minutes until the cod is cooked through.
- Serve on the pea purée with fried new potatoes.