Pan Fried Gigha Halibut With Salsa Verde
Try this delicious summer halibut recipe with a zingy salsa verde. The highly sought after Atlantic halibut supplied by Ramus, is sustainable, organically fed and hand-reared on the Scottish Hebridean island of Gigha.
- 8 140g fillets of Gigha Halibut, skinned
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 small handful of capers
- 1 small handful of gherkins, pickled in sweet vinegar
- 6 anchovy fillets
- 2 large handfuls of flat-leaf parsley, leaves only
- 1 bunch of fresh basil, leaves only
- 1 handful of fresh mint, leaves only
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 8 tbsp really good extra virgin olive oil sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
Don’t be tempted to overcook the fish.
Remember it continues to cook for a couple of minutes after leaving pan.
Save This RecipeDownload Recipe Card
- Salsa Verde: Finely chop all of the ingredients together adding the oil at the end to ensure the correct consistency. Season the salsa with sea salt and back pepper to taste. This can now be refridgerated until you are ready to cook the fish.
- Dust the halibut in seasoned flour.
- Add the oil and butter to a hot pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on both sides depending upon thickness.
- Serve on the salsa verde.