Pan-fried Cod with Lentils & Chorizo
A hearty dish full which is full of flavour.
- 2 tbs olive oil 250g Puy lentils 500ml vegetable stock 4 x 140g cod loin portions Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper Chopped parsley to serve
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 140g cooking chorizo, chopped
- Handful of chopped kale
- 250g Puy lentils
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 4 x 140g cod loin portions
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped parsley to serve
Delicious with all types of firm white fish.
- Gently heat the olive oil, then sauté the garlic for a minute.
- Add the onion and sauté for a couple of minutes, followed by the chorizo.
- Add the carrot & celery and sauté for 5 minutes until soft.
- Stir in the lentils, and then add the stock. Bring to the boil and then simmer gently for 20-30 minutes until cooked.
- Add in the chopped kale after 15 minutes to wilt down.
- Meanwhile, season the cod portions with salt and pepper, add a glug of oil and a knob of butter to a hot pan and then add the cod skin side down, pan frying for 2 to 3 mins until skin is crisp. Transfer to a hot oven (180C) for 8-10 minutes until cod cooked through.
- Serve the cod on top of the lentils and sprinkle with chopped parsley.