- 1kg fresh Shetland rope grown mussels
- 1 large banana shallot
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 glass dry white wine
- 1 knob butter
- 400ml double cream
- Salt and pepper
- Parsley, small bunch, chopped
To store mussels before using, keep in the fridge with a damp cloth over the top. Never soak in tap water as this can kill them.
Save This RecipeDownload Recipe Card
- Sauté the chopped shallots and garlic in a high sides pan until soft. Add the wine and bring to the boil. Add the mussels and steam for 2-3 minutes until open.
- Remove the mussels and add the butter and the cream to the remaining liquor. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Place the mussels in a serving bowl and pour over the sauce. Garnish with the parsley and serve with chunks of crusty bread and a nice glass of chilled white wine.