Monkfish Kebabs with Mint Yoghurt
- 400g monkfish, trimmed (200g per person, making 2 kebabs each)
- FOR THE SPICY GLAZE: 1 tsp harissa paste & 1 tsp dry spice blend (Steenbergs organic Tagine blend works very well), mixed with a little olive oil. Alternatively use any ready made tandoori paste.
- FOR THE MINT YOGHURT: 250ml natural yoghurt; 1 tsp mint sauce; zest ½ lemon; ¼ deseeded cucumber; 1 tsp caster sugar
- Iceberg lettuce
- Lemon wedges
- Salt and pepper
If cooking on the BBQ, make sure to soak the kebab sticks in water to avoid burning.
Save This RecipeDownload Recipe Card
- Season the monkish with salt and pepper and then marinate in the spicy glaze for 30 minutes. Cut the fish into chunks and assemble the kebabs.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the mint yoghurt and refrigerate until needed.
- Pan-fry or barbecue the monkfish kebabs for 2 to 3 minutes on each side and serve on a bed of shredded iceberg lettuce with lemon wedges and some of the mint yoghurt.