Monkfish with Fried Potatoes & Parma Ham
Created by Danny Mills ex-England Footballer and Masterchef finalist, this delicious dish makes a great dinner party meal.
- 2 good sized portions of monkfish tail, trimmed
- 2 potatoes, sliced lengthways
- 2 ready marinated artichoke heart
- 4-6 Slices Parma ham
- 1 dsp capers
- 1 dsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ¼ lemon, squeezed
- ½ glass dry white wine
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Peel potatoes & par-boil keeping firm, then slice lengthways into 1cm slices.
- Sauté potatoes in hot pan with a little olive oil until golden, add artichokes and pan fry for 2 minutes until nicely coloured.
- In a separate pan, heat a glug of oil and a knob of butter. Sear and colour the fish before finishing off in a pre heated oven (180C) for 7 minutes.
- Once the fish is cooked, remove from the pan but keep warm. Deglaze the pan with the white wine, add the capers and parsley and a squeeze of lemon.
- Assemble the dish by placing the potatoes on a plate and layering with the artichokes, Parma ham and then the fish. Finish off by spooning over the pan juices.