Lobster Thermidor Tartlets
These delicious tartlets are the perfect canapé for a party and make a lobster go a long way!
Serves Makes 16 tartlet cases
- 16 tartlet cases
- Meat of ½ lobster
- 25g butter
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 150ml of fish stock
- 25ml brandy or white wine
- 50ml of double cream
- ½ tbsp of English mustard
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Squeeze lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 20g grated parmesan
Save This RecipeDownload Recipe Card
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Add butter to a hot pan; add the shallots and sauté until soft. Add the stock, wine and double cream and bring to the boil. Reduce by half.
- While the mixture is reducing chop the lobster meat into small pieces and ¾ fill the tartlet cases.
- When the mixture has reduced add the mustard, parsley and lemon juice and half the parmesan. Season to taste.
- Pour the mixture over the lobster meat in the cases and cook in the oven for 3 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining parmesan over and pop back in the oven or grill for 1 minute.