A popular New England recipe that celebrates the delicious sweet flesh of the lobsters.
- 1 cooked & dressed Yorkshire lobster, all meat chopped into small chunks
- 1-2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- A couple of chives, chopped
- Salt & pepper
- 2 brioche hot dog buns, or similar
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- A handful of lettuce, finely chopped
- A sprinkle of paprika or cayenne, optional
For a traditional New England snack, serve with pickles and crisps an the side.
- Mix the chopped lobster with the mayonnaise, celery, lemon juice and chives and season with a little salt & pepper. Keep in the fridge while you prepare the buns.
- Heat a griddle pan over a medium heat. Brush the inside and outside of the buns with melted butter, then toast on both sides.
- Fill the rolls with the chopped lettuce and lobster mixture.