Hot Smoked Salmon Chowder
A delicious recipe from our RSPCA Assured Scottish salmon supplier, Wester Ross
- 16g butter
- 135g of chopped onion
- 135g of peeled and diced carrots
- 2 sticks of celery sliced into small pieces
- 230g of peeled diced potatoes
- 4-5g of chopped fresh thyme
- 660ml of fish stock
- 320ml of double cream
- 115g of hot smoked salmon
- 7g cornflour
- Heat the butter in a large pan. Add the onion, carrots, and celery. Sauté until soft.
- Add the potatoes, thyme and stock. Simmer until the potatoes are soft.
- Add hot smoked salmon and warm through then add double cream just before serving. If you prefer your chowder a bit thicker add some or all of cornflour to achieve the desired consistency.