Herby Steamed Salmon
A delicious fresh recipe from Wester Ross Fisheries in Scotland, suppliers of our RSPCA assured salmon.
- 4 x 140g salmon fillets
- 150ml water
- 1 bunch of coriander, washed and roughly chopped
- 18 mint leaves
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 green chillies, no seeds
- Juice and zest of 2 limes
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- Stir-fried noodles and vegetables, to serve
- For the dressing, place the coriander leaves and stalks, mint leaves, garlic, salt and chillies into a food processor and whizz into a paste. Add the lime juice and zest, honey, ginger and fish sauce and process.
- Place the salmon in a bowl and spoon over half the dressing. Marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- Bring the water to the boil in the bottom half of the steamer. Wipe most of the marinade off the salmon. Place the bowl with the marinated salmon in the top half and steam for 4-6 minutes. Remove from the steamer and leave to sit for a minute.
- Serve the salmon on a bed of stir-fried noodles and vegetables drizzled with the remaining dressing.