Harissa prawns with fragrant lemongrass rice
A hot and spicy prawn dish from spice experts, Steenbergs.
- 400g raw peeled prawns 25g butter
- 1 tsp Steenbergs organic Harissa powder
- 2 tsp groundnut oil
- 100 ml fish stock
- Pinch Steenbergs Perfect Salt (or freshly ground pepper & sea salt)
- 100g long grain rice
- 100ml boiling water
- 1 tsp Steenbergs dried Lemongrass
Add extra harissa to make it spicier!
- Place the prawns, harissa and oil in a bowl and leave to marinate.
- Place the rice and lemongrass into a pan and pour over the boiling water. Place on the lid and boil for 2 minutes then remove from the heat and leave for 10 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan, until it is smoking. Add the prawns and fry until coloured. Pour in the fish stock and reduce by half. Add in the butter and whisk together. Check for seasoning.
- Fork the rice through and serve with the prawns, drizzle with sauce and enjoy!