A delicious Mediterranean fish stew, best served with fresh crusty bread.
Recipe and image supplied by Fish is the Dish (a Seafish initiative): www.fishisthedish.co.uk
Serves Serves 4
- 550g skinned and cubed whitefish fillets (cod, coley, pollock, hake)
- 115g mussels
- 15ml sunflower oil
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 x 397g can peeled chopped tomatoes
- 6 black olives
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and black pepper
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- Peel the carrots and cut them into sticks. Sprinkle on the chopped parsley and serve with lots of crusty bread.
- Slice the onion and crush the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add all these ingredients, then cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, olives and bay leaf, and season to taste.
- Add the fish and cook for another 8-10 minutes.
- The mussels go in last and need about 2-4 minutes to heat through as they open up.
- Sprinkle on the chopped parsley and serve with lots of crusty bread.