Deep fried prawns with sour cream and smoked paprika
A delicious starter or canapé of crispy prawns with a creamy dipping sauce, from Fish is the Dish
- 16 cooked prawns, shelled
- A few mange tout
- A few green beans
- 2 baby corn, split in two
- 1 baby pepper, split in two
- 6 thin slices of chorizo
- 1 quantity of batter mix (see below) or packet of batter mix
- 1 baby gem lettuce, shredded
- Sour cream
- Chives, chopped
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Lemon juice, a good squeeze
- TEMPURA BATTER MIX: 125g of flour 5g of dried yeast 250ml of milk (tepid) Pinch of salt
- For the batter: dissolve the yeast in a little of the tepid milk, add to the rest of the milk, then stir into the flour to form a smooth batter, allow to stand covered until starting to bubble.
- For the tempura prawns: dip the prawns and pieces of vegetable individually in the batter. Place each piece into hot fat, 2cm deep in a wok. Fry until golden, then drain on kitchen paper. Fry the chorizo until crispy.
- For the sour cream: Mix together sour cream with the chopped chives, smoked paprika and a squeeze of lemon juice to taste.
- Serve with shredded baby gem lettuce.