A quick and easy dish beautifully presented in the scallop shells. Delicious served with a green salad.
- 48 Queen scallops (4 per shell)
- 12 Queen scallop shells (3 per person)
- 300g Gruyere cheese, grated
- Garlic butter (see top tip below)
- Breadcrumbs (made from 8 slices of white bread)
- Salt and pepper
Make your own garlic butter by mixing 250g soft salted butter with 2 cloves of finely chopped garlic and 1 dsp of chopped parsley. Roll into a log shape, wrap in clingfilm and chill until required.
Save This RecipeDownload Recipe Card
- Pre-heat the grill or oven to 180C.
- Place 4 Queen scallops in each shell and season with salt and pepper.
- Add a knob of garlic butter and cover with Gruyère cheese. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and grill till golden brown.