Chargrilled Tuna Niçoise
A delicious chargrilled tuna niçoise salad using fresh dolphin friendly tuna steaks.
Serves Serves 4
- 4 x 100gm steaks of Yellow Fin Tuna Loin, 250g French beans, topped and tailed, 250g small new potatoes, 4 ripe tomatoes, skinned and quartered, 4 eggs, hard boiled and halved, 6 anchovy fillets, 250g black olives, 1 head of endive, yellow centre only, 6 tbsp olive oil
- Dressing: 1 tbsp red wine vinegar, 1 tsp Dijon mustard, 1 clove garlic, minced, 1 tbsp lemon juice
Be sure not to overcook the tuna, keeping it pink in the middle.
Save This RecipeDownload Recipe Card
- Add the beans to boiling water, cook until tender, and then refresh in iced water.
- Cook the potatoes until tender, cool and then slice.
- Heat a griddle pan or grill. Once hot, rub the tuna steaks in olive oil and black pepper and grill on both sides until cooked to your liking.
- While the tuna is cooking, arrange the beans, potatoes, tomatoes, eggs, olives, anchovies & endive on a plate. Add the tuna and drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad.