This year 20 businesses along Kings Road, Harrogate have joined together to create a day of festive fun on Saturday 12th December for all their customers.
Renowned for their independence, individuality and fabulous quality, the Kings Road shops are grouping together to encourage shoppers to make the most of the out of centre location, free parking and ability to get everything they need on one street!
Several businesses are well established Kings Road favourites who have built up a great local reputation over many years. They have seen businesses come and go but a new influx of independent boutiques, gift shops and eateries means that there is much more to encourage and inspire new customers. Not only are shoppers met with a cornucopia of specialist food and wine retailers but also beautiful gifts, clothes and hair & beauty boutiques.
“Kings Road is full of interesting, independent shops, with everything you need for Christmas,” says Jonathan Batchelor of Ramus Seafoods, who have had a shop on Kings Road since 1983.
Saturday 12th December will be a special day of celebration on Kings Road, as shops offer mulled wine and mince pies, tastings, special offers, competitions, entertainment and music.
“We’ll be entering into the Christmas spirit with champagne tasting and a charity pianothon on Saturday,” says Maria DeVaney from French gift boutique Lilou Fleur. “We’re keen to showcase everything that Kings Road has to offer,”
The road will be full of special offers on the day including:
– Capello Hair & Beauty is offering 50% off 1st visit for beauty treatments.
– Lilou Fleur will be holding a Pianothon to raise funds for Martin House & Our Angels stillborn charity. Also the new Champagne Concept Bar recently opened in Oxford Street is joining them for a champagne tasting.
– Regal Florists are running a competition for one lucky person to win “The Perfect Gift” – just sign up to their newsletter for a chance to receive a beautiful bouquet every month in 2016.
– Ramus Seafoods will have special offers available all day in store, as well as wine tasting and seafood sampling.
– Rafol’s Delicatessen will give a 10% discount on all cheeses bought and paid for on Saturday.
– Swanky Pants is offering 10% off all purchases that day and a draw to win a gift voucher.
– La Bella Bottega will be running a competition to win a decorated Italian Panettone as well as having a jolly snowman greeting all of their customers.
Full of interesting, individual, independent shops, a visit to Kings Road should be on everyone’s Christmas list this year.
The shops taking part are: Café Divine, Capello Hair & Beauty, Change Mobility, Joana Bridal Boutique, Kingsgrove Hair & Beauty, La Bella Bottega, Lilou Fleur, Little Breads, Lloyds Pharmacy, Magic Meat, Mandie’s Hair & Beauty, Preloved Boutique, Rafol’s Delicatessen, Ramus Seafoods, Regal Florists, Regal Fruiterers, Shine Jewellery, Special Occasions Cakes, Swanky Pants, Wot’s Cookin’.